The mission of the Atlantic Human Rights Centre is to:
- Undertake, encourage and facilitate research in the field of human rights;
- Coordinate and develop undergraduate courses in the field of human rights;
- Conduct specialized human rights courses of a continuing education nature for various professional groups;
- Promote and stimulate informed thinking about human rights by organizing conferences and workshops and by disseminating information about human rights; and
- Collaborate and cooperate with other organizations, groups and individuals working in the human rights at the national, regional and international levels.